Attn: Volunteers — Bad News

Hey Friends, I had a computer glitch this week and it devoured all of the volunteer applications from January 15th to February 4th.

If you filled out your computer form in that window of time, it got to me, but it was subsequently abruptly converted into nothingness, and won’t do you or me any good now!

What particularly concerns me is that we had a BUNCH of apps from Texas during that period.

So if you fine people would extend forgiveness to my computer and do the form again, I would be deeply appreciative.

And yes, we have taken steps to prevent a repeat performance in the future!

Arthur Burk

February 5, 2012

12 Responses to Attn: Volunteers — Bad News

1. Gwen says:

Hi Arthur,
    Gwen here, I just saw your testings and have signed up ! Don’t know if it’s too late or not, but keenly interested. Let me know if you still need more volunteers. This one is ready and willing!

Gwen

2. Donna Kelly says:

I just now saw this note. I have sent it to a number of people who were likely in the group that went MIA. We’ll get them resubmitted. Thanks!

3. Esther DS says:

I just (finally) filled the application for Lucas (my son with the fascinating brain) and thought that it was a bit different from the last time I looked at it. No biggie, just curious. Also, I thought that I read in a newsletter or on the blog something about a spiritual blessings set/book/something focused on individuals with “special needs”/developmental delays/etcetera. I am not finding it in the store, but am readily admitting that I am almost the opposite of internet savvy. šŸ™‚
    On another note, I don’t feel like I do much these days; life isn’t exactly as I expected. I delight with exuberant joy, however, knowing that there are people like you still doing it. Thanks for continuing to press on toward the goal, Arthur. You remain a treasure to me. šŸ™‚

4. Sharon says:

Hi Arthur, since I am unsure when I filled out the volunteer form, I did it again. Hope it doesn’t muddy the water….Can’t wait to see what God reveals to His people!!! Blessings to you and your entire staff.
    Sharon

5. Tanya Thun says:

Arthur,
    I was thinking about your brain project this morning and then checked for an update on the land prayers/blessings and a thought/question came to mind. You probably have already factored this in, but here it is. Are you conducting all the tests on land with the same redemptive gift? If I lived closer would have loved to be a part. Pray that you get a huge pool of people to pull from.

On an other note I wanted to thank you so much for the information on baby blessings and similar material. I have a sibling that is expecting 1st baby and will benefit greatly from your work. It is also working as a relationship builder for my sibling and I. I’m sure that this brain project will have as, if not a greater effect in transforming peoples lives and those in their world around them.
    Blessings to you and your team!
    Tanya from Calgary

No, it would be too expensive to bring each person in to the same patch of land. Figure the airfare, housing, food and time and it is just too expensive. That is why for our baseline group, we are averaging them together. Standard practice in statistical analysis.

Down the road we will be able to check for smaller nuances like the land.

6. Johnyne Rees says:

Hi,
    I’d be happy to fill out the form again; please remind me where to find it (just home from a trip and overloaded).
    Johnyne
    (Texas)

Home page of this blog — the big yellow sign that says “Volunteers.”

I sympathize. I am writing this at 12:53 a.m. at the end of a day’s travel. I know the feeling.

7. Pat says:

Arthur, for those of us with too many details clogging our brains, what day did you first begin accepting applications? Was that before Jan. 15?